Colourless and odourless gas. Asphyxiant in high concentrations. Gas density is slightly lighter than air
Nitrogen is produced in large quantities at air separation plants which liquefy and subsequently distill air into nitrogen, oxygen and argon. If very high purity nitrogen is required the nitrogen produced may need to go through a secondary purification process. The lower range of nitrogen purities can also be produced with membrane techniques, and medium to high purities with pressuree swing absorption (PSA) techniques.
- Nitrogen is used in large quantities in the chemical industry for blanketing, purging and pressure transfer of flammable chemicals.
- High-purity nitrogen is used in large quantities by the semiconductor industry as a purge or carrier gas as well as for blanketing equipment such as furnaces when not in production.
- Nitrogen is used as a purge gas. Nitrogen is commonly used as carrier gas in gas chromatography.
- Nitrogen is used as zero gas for analytical instruments.
- Nitrogen is commonly used as a balance gas in mixtures.
- Nitrogen is used in the electronic industry for inserting of epitaxial reactors.
- Nitrogen is used in mixtures with carbon dioxide for modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) of food stuffs.
- Nitrogen is used extensively, either pure or, more,commonly, in a mixture with a reducing gas such as,hydrogen or natural gas, to provide an oxygen free atmosphere during heat treatment of various metals.
- Nitrogen is used in the Haber-Bosch process for production of ammonia.
- Nitrogen is used as a fire extinguishing gas in mines.
- Nitrogen is used to fill tires to reduce wear and limit the risks of blow-outs.
- Liquid nitrogen is used in cold traps to improve the efficiency of vacuum pumps by condensing or solidifying residual gases in the vacuum.
- Liquid nitrogen may be used for shrink fitting of close tolerance components.
- Liquid nitrogen is used to freeze a wide variety of delicate food, such as hamburgers, strawberries, shrimps etc.
- Liquid nitrogen may also be used for cryogenic grinding of plastics, rubbers and some other chemicals products.
- Liquid nitrogen is used in the nuclear industry, for scientific research.
- Liquid nitrogen is used to store biological materials like tissue, cells etc.
- Liquid nitrogen is also used for cryo surgery.
- Liquid nitrogen is used in the area of superconductivity.
- Nitrogen is used in Liquid chromatography-massspectrometry.
- Nitrogen TANK rental services/Cryogenic ISO tank container rental- short-term rental: Bofort keeps a stock of tanks at designated depots to cover short-term needs in the market. Rental periods: 1 week to 6 months.
- Nitrogen TANK rental services/ Cryogenic ISO tank container – operating leasing: medium and long-term operating lease structures are offered to those clients looking for operational and financial flexibility.
- Nitrogen TANK rental services/Cryogenic ISO tank container – finance : tailor-made finance lease structures are offered on selected cryogenic tank equipment, with a view to accommodating clients’ specific capital structure needs and requirements.
- Cryogenic handling equipment rental and finance: in conjunction with its cryogenic tank container rental and leasing services Bofort advises in, and arranges lease structures for, specialist cryogenic equipment such as vaporizers and pumps
- Bofort offers its services for the management of your tank container fleet and may act as your agent or representative in the acquisition and disposal of your tank containers.