Ethane(UN1961) and Ethane ISO Tank Rental
Characteristics Flammable. Liquefied, odourless, colourless gas. Gas density is slightly heavier than air.
The main commercial source of ethane is natural gas. Ethane is isolated either by absorption or by partial condensation,followed by distillation. Relatively small volumes of ethane are also gained as a by-product in oil refining processes.
- The main industrial use for ethane is the production of ethane by steam-cracking. It is commonly used as a raw material for the manufacture of halogenated ethane.
- Ethane is used in the chemical industry for the production of ethanol, epoxyethane, glycol, acetaldehyde, ethenylacetate, ethyl chloride, dichloroethane, styrene polyethene, thermopolymers and higher alcohols.
- Ethane is used as a refrigerant for extremely low temperature refrigeration systems.
- Ethane is used in metallurgy for heat treatments.
- Ethane is used as a calibration gas for combustion research.
- Ethane is used as a component in calibration gases for the automotive, gas, oil and chemical industries.
Ethane ISO Tank Rental
Bofort offers rental and leasing services of cryogenic ISO tank container equipment to specialized gas transportation companies, cryogenic gas manufacturers, on- and offshore nitrogen service companies, and other end-users.
We build to specifications, offering as much flexibility to our clients as possible. All our equipment is suitable to carry and store liquid nitrogen (LIN), liquid oxygen (LOX) and liquid argon (LAR).
Whilst recognizing the need to have dedicated equipment for specific trades and products, most of our equipment is also suitable to carry and store carbon dioxide (CO²), nitrous oxide (N²O), ethylene , ethane and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
Ethane ISO Tank Rental/Cryogenic ISO tank containers :
- Safety: tanks are built to highest international safety standards and imply with all international regulations; they are the safest means to transport specific quantities of cryogenic gases in bulk.
- Intermodal: suitable to be carried using all modes of transportation: truck, train, barge, ship
- Ecological: given their suitability for intermodal transportation, distribution of gases in bulk over medium and long distances can be done by environmentally-friendly means, such as rail, barge and short-sea.
- Intermediate storage: with holding times of up to over 100 days (depending on the type of gas and climate conditions), tank containers offer flexibility to transport and store gases in the supply-chain as ‘moving pipelines’, mobile buffer tanks for large industrial cleaning and maintenance jobs, pipe purging, etc.
- Economic: as a result of the features listed above, cryogenic tank containers often result in optimization of the supply chain and monetary savings.
- Ethane ISO Tank Rental/Cryogenic ISO tank container rental- short-term rental: Bofort keeps a stock of tanks at designated depots to cover short-term needs in the market. Rental periods: 1 week to 6 months.
- Ethane ISO Tank Rental/ Cryogenic ISO tank container – operating leasing: medium and long-term operating lease structures are offered to those clients looking for operational and financial flexibility.
- Ethane ISO Tank Rental/Cryogenic ISO tank container – finance : tailor-made finance lease structures are offered on selected cryogenic tank equipment, with a view to accommodating clients’ specific capital structure needs and requirements.
- Cryogenic handling equipment rental and finance: in conjunction with its cryogenic tank container rental and leasing services Bofort advises in, and arranges lease structures for, specialist cryogenic equipment such as vaporizers and pumps
- Bofort offers its services for the management of your tank container fleet and may act as your agent or representative in the acquisition and disposal of your tank containers.