Allthough CO² is not a Cryogenic gas, our tanks are highly suitable to transport CO².
Carbon dioxide is recovered from many different sources. It is obtained as an off-gas from fermentation processes, lime-stone kilns, natural CO2 springs, as well as gas streams from chemical
Applications by our clients:
Carbon dioxide is used extensively as a neutralizing agent for pH control, for example, in cement curing water treatment and in many other commercially important chemical applications.
Carbon dioxide is used in many consumer products ranging from aerosol packaging to air guns that require pressurised gas because it is inexpensive and non-flammable; in the operation of pneumatic equipment and for the transfer of hazardous and flammable liquids.
Owing to its stimulating effect on the nerve centres, carbon dioxide is employed in medicine in mixtures with oxygen, for reanimating victims of asphyxiation. It also serves in the treatment of certain skin affections.
A substantial volume of carbon dioxide is used for carbonating beverages such as beer and many soft drinks and conservation of wine, unfermented grape juice and various fruit juices.
Carbon dioxide is used to modify atmospheres, for example in green houses where it increases plant growth rates or combined with nitrogen to prolong quality in food packaging applications (MAP – Modified Atmosphere Packaging).
Carbon dioxide, when mixed with helium and nitrogen, is used as the active medium in carbon dioxide lasers.
Carbon dioxide is used as an inerting agent for various mild steel welding operations, often in combination with argon.
Carbon dioxide is used as media for supercritical fluid extraction (SFE) in sample preparation and as a carrier gas for analytical and preparative supercritical fluid chromatography (SFC).
Liquid carbon dioxide is becoming increasingly used as a refrigerant in mechanical refrigerating systems due to its environmental credentials. It has the ASHRAE number R-744. “Dry ice”, or solid CO2 is commonly used for refrigeration.
Liquid/solid carbon dioxide is used for cooling gas chromatography ovens.
Possible refrigerant for MAC (Mobile Air Conditioning) due to European phase out of tetrafluoroethane (R-134a).
- is used for the chemical vapour deposition of silicon dioxide.
- is used for foam blowing.
- is used in Coleman nitrogen analysers.
- is used in mixtures for car emission monitoring and environmental monitoring.
- is used for fire extinguishing.
- is often used in combination with ethylene oxide for sterilizing purposes.
- is also used for blood analysis and dehydration of penicillin. is used for production of paints and varnishes.
<h3>CO2 iso tank rental</h3>
Bofort offers rental and leasing services of cryogenic ISO tank container equipment to specialized gas transportation companies, cryogenic gas manufacturers, on- and offshore nitrogen service companies, and other end-users.
We build to specifications, offering as much flexibility to our clients as possible. All our equipment is suitable to carry and store liquid nitrogen (LIN), liquid oxygen (LOX) and liquid argon (LAR).
Whilst recognizing the need to have dedicated equipment for specific trades and products, most of our equipment is also suitable to carry and store, nitrous oxide (N²O), ethylene , ethane and liquefied natural gas (LNG).
CO² ISO Tank rental /Cryogenic ISO tank containers :
- Safety: tanks are built to highest international safety standards and imply with all international regulations; they are the safest means to transport specific quantities of cryogenic gases in bulk.
- Intermodal: suitable to be carried using all modes of transportation: truck, train, barge, ship
- Ecological: given their suitability for intermodal transportation, distribution of gases in bulk over medium and long distances can be done by environmentally-friendly means, such as rail, barge and short-sea.
- Intermediate storage: with holding times of up to over 100 days (depending on the type of gas and climate conditions), tank containers offer flexibility to transport and store gases in the supply-chain as ‘moving pipelines’, mobile buffer tanks for large industrial cleaning and maintenance jobs, pipe purging, etc.
- Economic: as a result of the features listed above, cryogenic tank containers often result in optimization of the supply chain and monetary savings.
- CO² ISO Tank rental/Cryogenic ISO tank container rental- short-term rental: Bofort keeps a stock of tanks at designated depots to cover short-term needs in the market. Rental periods: 1 week to 6 months.
- CO² ISOTank rental/ Cryogenic ISO tank container – operating leasing: medium and long-term operating lease structures are offered to those clients looking for operational and financial flexibility.
- CO² ISO Tank rental/Cryogenic ISO tank container – finance : tailor-made finance lease structures are offered on selected cryogenic tank equipment, with a view to accommodating clients’ specific capital structure needs and requirements.
- Cryogenic handling equipment rental and finance: in conjunction with its cryogenic tank container rental and leasing services Bofort advises in, and arranges lease structures for, specialist cryogenic equipment such as vaporizers and pumps
- Bofort offers its services for the management of your tank container fleet and may act as your agent or representative in the acquisition and disposal of your tank containers.